Hello, hello my hostesses with the most! Lauren here from thoughtful living and entertaining site, LaurenKelp.com and today we are bringing down the house. I mean, call your friends, and clear the schedule, because we’ve got one heck of a party planned! Can you guess what it is?
It’s a CANDY MAKING PARTY! That’s right, folks, four party-planning steps, one killer chocolate almond bark recipe & you’ve got yourself one heck of a party!
We are sharing the party planning how-to’s over on LaurenKelp.com, so feel free to hop on over for a few tips on hosting, goodie bag ideas, and a fun recipe card!
But, before we have a candy-making party, we have to have a killer candy recipe, am I right? Luckily, this chocolate almond bark came into our lives and it’s been a family favorite. It’s fast & easy, takes 45 minutes start to finish, serves 16 people, and take a look at the ingredient list... it’s nothing! Bet you have most of that in your pantry anyway. What could be better?
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pour yourself a big ol’ glass of Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon & let’s get to baking!
- Line a 9x13 inch-baking pan with parchment paper and set aside. Put chopped almonds in a skillet and cook over medium high heat, until golden brown & remove from heat. PRO TIP: you want to stir often so the almonds don’t burn!
- Melt your chocolate chips and shortening in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir every once and a while to break up any bits.
- Once smooth, remove from heat and stir in half of the toasted almonds. Spread onto the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining almonds, and chill 30 minutes, or until solid.
Now, how freaking easy was that?! Okay, here comes the best part – the wine. When you think of perfect pairings, you probably think of peanut butter and jelly, milk and cereals, and, every adult’s favorite, chocolate and wine! Pair this chocolate bark with a glass (or two!) of Vintner’s Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon and prepare to be pleasantly surprised.
The Cabernet’s notes of black cherry and vanilla pair so well with the nutty flavors in the chocolate almond bark, it’s like magic. The Vintner’s Reserve Cabernet is truly one of my favorite wines. We always have a few bottles on hand when entertaining & it never fails to impress our guests.
So friends, what do you think? Ready to host your own candy-making party?! We can’t wait to see!
Happy hosting, my friends!
Photography by Constance Higley
Recipe card by Ashley Cooper Designs