Hola! Vianney from sweetlifebake.com here to share with you a decadent treat to finish off a delicious evening on a sweet note. Enjoy!
Impress your guest with one of the easiest candies there is to make. No one will have to know how easy these wondrous mini sweets are to make. Only a handful of ingredients are needed to make these truffles so go all out and splurge on quality chocolate which pairs nicely with K-J Late Harvest Chardonnay.
Simmered heavy cream is infused with ground chile powders and cinnamon. Add chocolate and you’re halfway through this recipe. No melon baller, no need to worry use a spoon to shape your mounds, but make sure you return the chocolate to the fridge and allow to firm up before shaping with hands.
This recipe can easily be adapted, add a mint extract or vanilla, roll in toasted coconut or finely diced nuts to create a platter for your next Holiday party or a romantic dinner at home.
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon ground chile ancho
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cocoa powder
- In a small saucepan over medium simmer cream, ground chile ancho, cayenne pepper and cinnamon. Add the chocolate and stir until it melts, transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for two hours or until completely firm. After chocolate is firm, remove from fridge and with a melon baller or spoon scoop mounds on a plate or baking sheet. Return to fridge for 10 minutes to firm up. Place 1 tablespoon coco powder on a small plate. After firm with hands shape mounds into balls and roll in cocoa powder. Place truffles in a cool dry place and serve room temperature.