Hi everyone! It’s Molly from my name is yeh here, with a light fun twist on one of my favorite summery dishes, pesto pasta! Pesto is one of my favorite things to make during the summer (before I’ve managed to kill all of my basil plants) and it goes so well with fresh tomatoes, a heavy dose of parmesan, and some crisp Kendall-Jackson AVANT Chardonnay.
In this version, I’ve upped the healthy ante two ways: by creaming the pesto with a nice ripe avocado, and serving it with cucumber noodles, thanks to my new favorite kitchen tool, the spiralizer. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can make your noodles using a mandoline, or you can simply chop up some cucumbers to make a salad. This dish is so easy to make ahead of time for a party, and if you’d like to make it a meal, top it with grilled chicken, steak, or any other tasty protein!
- 1 c firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- ¼ c toasted pine nuts
- ½ c shredded parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- the juice of half a lemon
- 1 ripe avocado
- salt and pepper to taste
- a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 large cucumbers, spiralized
- a handful of grape tomatoes, halved
- Combine all pesto ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Place cucumber noodles in a large bowl and toss with the pesto. Top with tomatoes and more cheese. Chill until ready to serve.