Kendall-Jackson’s 2nd Annual Farm-to-Table Dinner in the Garden
There’s really no better way to celebrate the summer solstice than enjoying a divine farm-to-table dinner straight from the source: The Kendall-Jackson Wine Estate and Gardens. So that’s just what we did.
Last Saturday, June 20th, 2015 Executive Chef Justin Wangler and his talented team served over 100 guests a stunning farm-to-table dinner from our very own gardens. Upon arrival, guests were greeted by Chef Justin shucking fresh oysters and Winemaker Fritz as he greeted guests with a mystery wine — which was later revealed to be our newly released Vintner’s Reserve Pinot Gris!
Our Culinary Gardner Tucker Taylor added some festive flare to the extended dinner table by providing a gorgeous produce basket for display, as well as all 38 flower arrangements presented at the reception and dinner. This dinner was truly a “dream come true” for all of us at Kendall-Jackson — maybe especially for Tucker, as he noted in his Instagram post.
A photo posted by Tucker Taylor (@farmert) on
Fritz, Tucker and Justin mingled with guests during the dinner as everyone enjoyed amazing wine and engaging conversations. There’s something special about enjoying tasty wine, delicious food and good company — it doesn’t hurt when you’ve got a stunning setting to enjoy it in.
Chef Justin and his team created an amazing menu that left all of our guests feeling like they had just eaten at a Michelin Star restaurant. The beautiful lamb dish that he prepared may have been the star of the night — “Cooked to perfection!”
Here’s a peek at the menu that Justin served:
- Wild Salmon, Estate Baby Potatoes*, Summer Bean Salad, Caramelized Carrots* & Honey Coulis
- Served with the 2013 Jackson Estate Piner Hills Chardonnay
- Farmer Tucker’s Mixed Summer Greens*, Baby Herbs*, Edible Flowers*, Verjus Vinaigrette Roast Estate Leg of Lamb, Chimichurri Sauce
- Roasted Vegetables from the Wood Fired Oven: Fairytale Eggplant, Baby Carrots* and Summer Squash Roasted Spigarello Greens*
- Grape Skin Flour Breads with Estate Olive Oil
- Served with the 2013 Jackson Estate Los Robles Pinot Noir, 2012 Jackson Estate Taylor Peak Merlot & 2012 Jackson Estate Trace Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Strawberries n’ Cream, Lemon Verbena* Gel, Honey Tuile, Candied Almonds.
- Served with the 2013 Grand Reserve Late Harvest Orange Muscat
* From Our Culinary Garden
The kitchen roasted veggies from the garden in our pizza oven and plated all courses just 20 feet away from the dining area. We ended the summer solstice celebration with coffee and mignardises in the tasting room.
Next year our goal is to have over 200 people attend our 3rd Annual Farm-to-Table dinner. Be sure to keep up with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest or subscribe to our email list to make sure you know about all the fun events that are happening at Kendall-Jackson.
Cheers to summer!
For food and wine pairing tips, visit the Entertaining section of our website.
All photographs taken by Ken Poe.