Winter’s winding down for most of us, but cool days and cool nights still leave us craving warm, comforting meals before all the spring produce hits the market. I love this pappardelle with it’s zippy lemon cream sauce because it’s hearty enough to satisfy, but not heavy enough to weigh you down. The K-J AVANT Red Blend makes a perfectly balanced pairing with it’s silky notes of berry jam and black pepper.
- 16 ounces baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound pappardelle
- ½ cup fresh grated parmesan
- 25-30 flat leaf parsley leaves
- 2-4 tbsp minced chervil
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Cracked black pepper
- Slice cleaned mushrooms thinly. Place in melted butter in a large pan warmed to high heat. Toss once or twice then add shallot. Toss in a pinch of salt and continue stirring over high heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add lemon juice and cream. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in boiling water about 1-2 minutes less than package instructions. We want the noodles to be a bit al dente as they will continue to cook as we mix them with the mushrooms. Remove from heat and strain lightly without rinsing and add to the pan of mushrooms. Cook for 1-2 additional minutes to combine. Adding the cheese and olive oil as you stir.
- Serve with fresh parsley and chervil leaves as well as a pinch of cracked black pepper.
For more amazing recipes, keep up with us on Pinterest.