Last week the 21st annual Winter WINELand came to Sonoma County. We had a great time here at Kendall-Jackson. The wine was great and the people were really friendly. I decided ahead of the event that I wanted to offer a sweet pairing at the Kendall-Jackson tasting room in Healdsburg.
So I decided to make a personal favorite: Valrhona Cabernet Chocolate Mousse and paired it with our Hawkeye Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon. It was really great to hear that people enjoyed my mousse and the pairing. But what I didn’t except was the number of people on Facebook who would ask for the recipe.
But I’m here to please. Cheers.
Valrhona Cabernet Chocolate Mousse
- 25 ounces heavy cream
- 8 ounces Valrhona Bittersweet Chocolate 61%
- 2 ounces Kendall-Jackson Highland Estates Hawkeye Mountain. Cabernet Sauvignon
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whip 16 ounces heavy cream to soft peaks. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate in a medium size bowl. In a small pot, add 9 ounces heavy cream and bring to a boil. Once cream has come to a full boil, pour over chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 10 minutes. Add the wine and half of the whipped cream. Fold approximately halfway and then add the remaining whipped cream. Fold gently until incorporated.
- Spoon the chocolate mousse into a medium size pastry bag. Pipe the mousse into any desired cup or bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.