Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Hola! Vianney from sweetlifebake.com here to share with you a quick and easy sauce that was made for grilled meats. This sauce is so good, be sure to make a double batch to keep in the fridge. Enjoy!
A tantalizing Argentina sauce, chimichurri pairs wonderfully with grilled meats, especially skirt steak and a glass of Kendall-Jackson AVANT Red Blend. This classic sauce is traditionally made with only parsley, but I enjoy the addition of fresh cilantro which gives it a vibrant punch. This sauce can easily be made in the food processor and stored in the fridge to use throughout the week. Try chimichurri over roasted potatoes, with grilled vegetable or be naughty and whisk it with sour cream for a great dipping sauce for fires or onion rings.
If you prefer a slightly chunkier version, simply chop the ingredients to desired texture using a sharp knife, season to taste and store in the fridge.
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- ½ cup parsley, finely packed
- 1 cup cilantro, finely packed
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Preheat the gas or charcoal grill to high heat.
- Remove fajitas; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with chimichurri.
- Place parsley, cilantro, garlic cloves, olive oil and red wine vinegar in the food processor. Pulse until smooth, adjust seasoning to taste. Serve over skirt steak.
For more amazing recipes, keep up with us on Pinterest.