This is my husband’s (mi carino’s) favorite pre-game snack. Every Sunday I make a batch for him to enjoy during pre-game. He can’t get enough of them!
These spicy peanuts with pepitas are perfect for the game day crowd, can be made ahead and pair nicely with Kendall-Jackson AVANT Sauvignon Blanc.
No football party should be without a large bowl of kicked up nuts. I make them every weekend in a variety of flavors. Honey-cumin, Cinnamon-chile and Piloncillo-oregano, but the most requested is always this spicy version.
Fresh lime juice adds a vibrant touch which compliments the depth of spiciness. I advise you to double or triple the batch, trust me they will be a hit.
Toss the peanuts and pepitas a few hours before game time and pop them into the oven 30 minutes before your guests are set to arrive. Serve warm with plenty of Kendall-Jackson AVANT Sauvignon Blanc.
- Zest from 1 lime, plus juice from 2 limes
- 6 tablespoons ground chile ancho or chili powder
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 cups roasted, unsalted pepitas
- 3 cups unsalted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Whisk together lime juice, ancho chile powder or chili powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add pepitas and peanuts; toss to coat. Spread evenly on a large baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring every 10 minutes, about 30 minutes. Serve warm.