Valentine's Day Dessert: Spiced Dark Chocolate Ganache
Valentine’s Day is notorious for overpriced fixed menus, lost dinner reservations, and sometimes hectic plans. Why not skip the crazy cupid shuffle and create your own romantic date night at home! Lauren Kelp here & we are going to show you how to skip the reservation without sacrificing the five start taste! It wouldn’t be Valentine’s Day without a deliciously indulgent chocolate dessert, but first, dinner. This twist on a classic pizza recipe will leave you & your special someone feeling very pro. Tweak the pizza to to your tastes and feel free to experiment – that’s one of the best parts about cooking at home. Now the best part, CHOCOLATE! Be warned, if you are not a chocolate fan, there is a beautiful glass of wine waiting for you at the end of this post, but for all of us chocolate lovers, read on.
Ganache is one of my favorite treats because it isn’t heavy like a soufflé or a sacher torte but it still packs a flavorful punch. Bring in fresh berries into the mix and it’s the perfect dessert that doesn’t make you want to take a nap after. Pair this light, but decadent, spiced dark chocolate ganache with a bold bottle of Kendall-Jackson Grand Reserve Merlot and it might be the best Valentine’s Day you’ve ever had!
- 1 cup of fresh blackberries
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- ½ cup of pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- 4 ounces of chopped semisweet dark chocolate (we prefer 70% or higher)
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cayenne
- Heat the cream until scalded. When little bubbles start to from around the edge of the pot, add the chocolate, remove from heat and cover. Let the chocolate and cream rest for about five minutes. Add the vanilla extract and cayenne and whisk until smooth.
- Spread the ganache on a plate and top with berries. Don't forget to pour two glasses of Kendall-Jackson's Grand Reserve Merlot and enjoy!
For more amazing recipes, keep up with us on Pinterest.