Happy Monday, friends! Lauren here from LaurenKelp.com & today we are talking about two of the very best things – wine & popcorn! We’ve decided to combat these cold winter days & early evenings by hosting a fun, low-key film festival at home! But it wouldn’t be a real film festival without killer food, so today we are making two fantastic variations of classic popcorn – Parmesan & Parsley and Puppy Chow!
So, pour yourself your favorite glass of Kendall-Jackson & scroll down cause we are whipping up something delicious!
It’s easy to get in a rut when the weather is cold, so we are taking a page out of Utah’s book and hosting our own film festival! Ditch the lines & the crowds, invite some of your friends over & host the most epic get-together of the season. For the full how-to, head on over to my site for the quick and easy steps.
Once you’ve got have an idea of what to do & who to invite, it’s time to plan the menu! This might be the best (and not to mention, easiest) part. Everyone loves a good bowl of popcorn during a movie, so why not fancy it up a bit and serve some options. The Parmesan & Parsley popcorn is perfect for your “I prefer savory” friends & the Puppy Chow is just a sure-fire crowdpleaser.
PARMESAN & PARSLEY POPCORN
- 19 cups popped popcorn
- 4.5 tablespoons truffle oil
- 1.5 cup grated fresh Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Several pinches of sea salt
1. Pour yourself a glass of Vintner’s Reserve Merlot. Everyone needs to have a glass of wine while they cook & this Merlot pairs perfectly with salty, yet sweet popcorn.
2. Pop your bags of popcorn & add to large bowl. Should be large enough that when you stir, your popcorn doesn’t fall out.
3. Slowly add in truffle oil (making sure all kernels are coated) & grated parmesan. Stir gently but consistently to make sure each piece gets coated, but not clumpy.
4. Once you’re thoroughly mixed, top with parsley & salt to taste.
PUPPY CHOW POPCORN:
- 9 cups plain popcorn
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
1. Re-fill your glass of Vintner’s Reserve Merlot. Or, if you didn’t take my advice on the Parmesan & Parsley popcorn recipe, go pour yourself a glass now! Wine makes the whoel cooking process so much more fun!
2. Grab a rimmed baking sheet & line with parchment paper and set aside for later.
3. Pop your popcorn and place into a very large bowl. Bowl needs to be big enough so that when you stir in the rest of your ingredients, nothing spills out.
4.Grab a separate large bowl and microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Microwave in 30-second increments until mixture is completely melted. Stirring in vanilla extract when mixture is ready.
5. Pour chocolate mixture over the popcorn, stirring in all the ingredients until each kernel is evenly coated.
6.Once your popcorn is thoroughly coated, set aside. Fill a large bag with powdered sugar & add in your almost ready puppy chow mix. Seal the bag (double check this step!) and shake vigorously until all of the popcorn is coated.
7. Spread your chow out onto that baking sheet and refrigerate for around 30 minutes or until the inside of the chow is no longer warm. Once the mixture is cooled off, it’s time to serve it up!
So my friends, are you feeling inspired? Grab some cute bowls, serve up your delicious popcorn concoctions, and pour some glasses of Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Merlot. It’s full and delicious and whether your guests are fans of the savory popcorn or the puppy chow, the Merlot enriches each taste experience.
I am telling you, stock up on a few bottles, because these film fest nights are going to be weekly events – they are so fun!