Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Skillet
Node Shortcode: [[nid:93]]
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts (quartered)
- 1 medium sweet potato, skinned & cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Pour yourself a lovely glass of K-J AVANT Chardonnay.
- In a medium–large cast iron skillet, heat up your olive oil (on medium/high heat) until hot & add in your cubed chicken breast. Throw in a pinch of salt & black pepper and cook until lightly browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add a little more olive oil (if needed) and toss in your Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, garlic, and onions. Add a pinch more salt & pepper and cook until crispy & tender. Stir occasionally so nothing burns.
- Once crispy (or however you like your veggies), add in thyme and ½ cup of chicken broth. Bring mixture to a boil and cook until broth has evaporated (roughly 2 minutes). Add in the remaining ½ cup and chicken and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Once broth has evaporated, remove from heat and serve warm.