Crispy Cheddar Smashed Potatoes
Node Shortcode: [[nid:11229]]
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 - 2 pound bag of mini potatoes
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp white old cheddar cheese
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large pot of heavily salted boiling water, add the whole mini potatoes and boil for 15 minutes.
- After this time, remove the potatoes from the water and line them up on a baking sheet.
- Using a fork, smash the potatoes, so they are relatively flat. Just don't smash them too hard, because you want to keep the bottoms intact.
- Drizzle the smashed potatoes generously with the melted butter, then season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Roast for 25 minutes, then remove them from the oven and generously sprinkle on the shredded old white cheddar cheese.
- Roast for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, crispy and delicious!
- Serve with Kendall-Jackson Vintner's Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon and enjoy!