Prime Rib with Rosemary Garlic Butter Rub
Node Shortcode: [[nid:11339]]
Recipe type: Main Dish
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 2:30
- 1 - 4.5lb prime rib roast
- Rosemary Garlic Butter
- 1 cup butter
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped thyme
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 bottle of Kendall-Jackson Vintner's Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- Preheat your oven to 500°F.
- Mix together the butter, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper, until smooth.
- Pat and dry the prime rib.
- Warm up the butter slightly, so it's easy to rub on the roast. I find that about 9 seconds in the microwave makes the butter pliable.
- Cover the top and sides of the prime rib with the butter.
- Place the roast on a baking pan with a drip grate. I use a turkey pan to roast ours.
- Place the roast in the 500 degree oven, and cook at this high heat for 5 minutes per pound. We cooked our 4.5 pound roast for 23 minutes at this high heat.
- After this short time period, turn the oven off, and let sit for 2 hours. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN.
- The 2 hour time period is perfect for a medium rare prime rib roast! If you would like it a little more done, just leave it in the oven for a little longer.
- Pour a glass of K-J Vintner's Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon and enjoy!