White Pizza with Chicken, Mushrooms and Mozzarella
Node Shortcode: [[nid:11292]]
- 1 pizza dough base
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 - 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp Kendall-Jackson Vintner's Reserve Chardonnay
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
Making the white sauce:
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add in the minced garlic and cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the cream until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the shredded parmesan cheese.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
Making the mushroom and onion mix:
- In a skillet, melt 2 tbsp butter.
- Add the mushrooms, onion, basil and wine.
- Cook until the mushrooms and onions are soft, and the liquid is gone.
Assembling the pizzas:
- Spread out the pizza crust onto a baking sheet greased with olive oil.
- Then spread the white pizza sauce out on to the dough base, making sure to get close to the edges. And don't be afraid to spread the sauce on thick, as it doesn't tend to run.
- Sprinkle on the cooked chicken.
- Layer on the cooked mushroom mix.
- Sprinkle on the grated cheese...be generous!
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
- Pour a glass of Kendall-Jackson Vintner's Reserve Chardonnay and enjoy!