Browned Maple Butter Sweet Potato & Pinot Noir Wine Pairing
Node Shortcode: [[nid:97]]
- 4 lbs of sweet potatoes
- Sea salt & fresh pepper
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 4.5 teaspoons of pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup of chopped toasted pecans
- Pour yourself a glass of Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Pinot Noir, tighten up that apron, & let’s get to cooking!
- While your oven is preheating to 400 degrees, prick your sweet potatoes a few times all over with a fork.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and bake until tender (an hour and a half, depending on your oven)
- Once your potatoes have cooled, scoop out the flesh and puree in a blender or food processer. Add in 1.5 teaspoons of salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste), blend until smooth.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat & add in your butter. Once melted, remove from heat, and add in your maple syrup in a spiral motion.
- Add your puree to a serving dish (reheat if necessary), pour browned maple syrup butter over top & sprinkle on the pecans.
- Serve & be merry!