Chocolate Almond Bark
Node Shortcode: [[nid:102]]
Recipe type: Dessert
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pour yourself a big ol’ glass of Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon & let’s get to baking!
- Line a 9x13 inch-baking pan with parchment paper and set aside. Put chopped almonds in a skillet and cook over medium high heat, until golden brown & remove from heat. PRO TIP: you want to stir often so the almonds don’t burn!
- Melt your chocolate chips and shortening in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir every once and a while to break up any bits.
- Once smooth, remove from heat and stir in half of the toasted almonds. Spread onto the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining almonds, and chill 30 minutes, or until solid.