Pumpkin, Ricotta & Arugula Bruschetta
Node Shortcode: [[nid:103]]
- roasted pumpkin (feel free to roast your own, or use your favorite pre-packed pumpkin cubes from the store)
- roasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- sea salt & fresh cracked pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a baking pan, and roast your pumpkin squares according to the package directions. Once done, pull out and set aside.
- OPTIONAL: If you want to add roasted pumpkin seeds to your bruschetta, spread the seeds in a single layer on a greased baking pan and roast for 30 minutes (or until dried out). Pull out, toss on a little more olive oil, some salt and pepper, or whatever spices you are feeling, and put back in for an additional 20 minutes.
- Turn the oven to broil and while you wait for it to pre-heat, cut your baguette into 1 – 1.5 inch slices. Drizzle a little olive oil or butter on each side and place on a sheet pan. When the oven is ready, place the sheet pan on the top rack of the oven, closest to the broiler, and keep an eye on the toast as it can brown quickly. Depending on your oven, 2 minutes on each side should do it, but it is totally up to preference.
- Cover toasted bread with roughly 2 tablespoons of ricotta. Top with roasted pumpkin and arugula. Drizzle with honey and finish with a small handful of roasted pumpkin seeds, a pinch of sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.