Silky Potato Fondue
Node Shortcode: [[nid:101]]
Recipe type: Main Dish
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Cuisine: 3 Cups
- 3/4 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded aged white cheddar, preferably Fiscalini Bandage Wrapped Cheddar or Cabot Clothbound
- Kosher salt
- In a medium saucepan of salted simmering water, cook the potatoes and garlic over moderate heat until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain well and wipe out the saucepan.
- In a blender, combine the potatoes and garlic with the wine and lemon juice and puree until smooth. With the blender on, gradually add the heavy cream until incorporated. Transfer the mixture to the saucepan and bring just to a simmer over moderately high heat. Return the mixture to the blender, add the cheese and puree until smooth. Scrape the fondue into the saucepan and season with salt.
- Serve hot with Little Gem lettuce, haricots verts, wax beans, snap peas, snow peas, summer squash, baby zucchini, cucumbers, shishito peppers, carrots or radishes.