Hi there, it’s Jo-Anna from A Pretty Life back again to share another recipe with you! After my Vanilla Cake recipe, I thought it would be a great idea to share a simple and hearty dinner dish. So I made Creamy Tomato & Basil Shrimp Pasta, and I don’t regret it one bit.
Ok, let’s just talk about this dish for a minute. The sauce, it’s so delicious. You just can’t go wrong with the combination of basil, tomatoes, garlic, wine, and cream all tossed with shrimp and spaghetti noodles. Oh my. I could eat this once a week.
I wish you could experience just how good it smells in here. I guess you’ll just have to make it to find out! I promise you won’t regret it!
And doesn’t it look fancy? But here’s a little secret…it’s so easy to make. In fact, you can have it on your table in an hour. This is weeknight fancy without the fuss!
- 1 lb shrimp (cooked and deveined)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup white wine (Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay)
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- spaghetti noodles
- fresh parmesan for garnish
- fresh basil for garnish
- In a skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil, and saute the onions and garlic until soft.
- Add the red pepper flakes, fresh basil, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, chopped tomatoes, white wine and salt & pepper.
- Cook until the liquid is reduced to half.
- While the tomato mixture is simmering, boil the spaghetti noodles according to the package directions.
- Once the tomato mixture is done simmering, add the shrimp, and cook until the shrimp have warmed through, just a few minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and simmer for a few minutes.
- Toss the tomato and shrimp sauce with spaghetti noodles.
- Garnish with fresh parmesan and fresh basil.
So dish up some pasta deliciousness and pour yourself a glass of Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay and enjoy!
Have a delicious day,
Credits: Recipe & Photography: Jo-Anna Rooney of A Pretty Life
For more amazing recipes, keep up with us on Pinterest.