Kelsey here again from Happyolks.com! This recipe is my official summer hack of 2015. Why? Just four ingredients and an ice cream maker will have friends and neighbors lining up for a heat-busting sweet (and boozy) treat when the temperature hits triple digits. I love pairing mango with the dry, piquant Kendall-Jackson Pinot Gris because it lends a balancing note to the musky, sweet flavor of the fruit. But really… what fruit sorbet wouldn’t benefit from the help of a little Pinot Gris?
- 4 cups fresh or frozen mango
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Kendall Jackson Pinot Gris
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Prepare fresh mango, or allow frozen mango to come to defrost for 30 minutes on the counter before blending. Combine sugar, wine, mango, and lemon juice in the basin of a high-powered blender or food processor. Blend until you reach the consistency of a thick puree.
- Plug-in your preferred ice cream maker and retrieve the frozen basin from the freezer. Turn on the machine and add the puree. Allow to churn for 30-40 minutes. Sorbet will be thick, but not completely frozen.
- Pour into a storage vessel and freeze for an additional 3+ hours to harden before serving.