90 points & Editors' Choice, Jim Gordon, Wine Enthusiast, Jun 2019
Ripe fruit flavors and a generous helping of oak spices make this full-bodied wine flavorful and easy to sip. It brings cinnamon and red cherry to the nose, and black cherry, cranberry and baking spices to the palate. Editors' Choice.
- Aged for 9.5 months in 98% French (18% new) oak barrels for hints of toast, vanilla and cedar aromas.
- Lots are kept separate until the final blend so that our winemakers have the ability to craft a wine that exhibits the perfect blend of flavors and aromas from each region.
- Cool California Coast Sourcing.
- Monterey County grapes develop the floral nuances and structure along with flavors of ripe strawberry, raspberry and black berry.
- Santa Barbara County infuses the wine with dark cherry lushness.
- Grapes are grown in cool coastal vineyards on benchland rolling hillsides and mountain tops resulting in small, densely-flavored grapes which create well-structured wines..