91 points, Editors' Choice, Jim Gordon, Wine Enthusiast, Sep 2022
This superreliable, full-bodied wine boasts toast and butter aromas, ripe black cherry flavors and a full, rich mouthfeel backed by moderate tannins.
92 points, Editors' Choice, Jim Gordon, Wine Enthusiast, Apr 2021
Concentrated and creamy but not overly showy, this wine is balanced, restrained and layered. It meshes an apple-tart flavor with subtle vanilla and nutmeg nuances whileunderlying acidity achieves excellent balance.
- Aged for 9.5 months in 98% French (18% new) oak barrels for hints of toast, vanilla and cedar aromas.
- Lots are kept separate until the final blend so that our winemakers have the ability to craft a wine that exhibits the perfect blend of flavors and aromas from each region.
- Cool California Coast Sourcing.
- Monterey County grapes develop the floral nuances and structure along with flavors of ripe strawberry, raspberry and black berry.
- Santa Barbara County infuses the wine with dark cherry lushness.
- Grapes are grown in cool coastal vineyards on benchland rolling hillsides and mountain tops resulting in small, densely-flavored grapes which create well-structured wines..