Vintner's Reserve California Pinot Noir 2016
This dark garnet Vintner's Reserve Pinot Noir delivers bright cherry, strawberry and raspberry fruit with elegant earthy notes infused with cola and mild spice accents. Oak aging adds a hint of vanilla and a soft, toasty finish.
90 points, Editors' Choice, Wine Enthusiast, Jun 2018
- Aged for 7.5 months in 94% French (21% new) oak barrels for hints of toast, vanilla and cedar aromas.
- Lots are kept separate until the final blend so that our winemakers have the ability to craft a wine that exhibits the perfect blend of flavors and aromas from each region.
- Cool California Coast Sourcing.
- Santa Barbara County infuses the wine with dark cherry lushness.
- Monterey County grapes develop the floral nuances and structure along with flavors of ripe strawberry, raspberry and black berry.
- Grapes are grown in cool coastal vineyards on benchland rolling hillsides and mountain tops resulting in small, densely-flavored grapes which create well-structured wines..