Vintner's Reserve California Pinot Noir 2019
This dark garnet gem delivers bright cherry, strawberry and raspberry fruit with elegant earthy notes infused with cola and mild spice accents. Oak aging adds a hint of vanilla and a soft, toasty finish.
92 points, Editors' Choice, Jim Gordon, Wine Enthusiast, Apr 2021
Concentrated and creamy but not overly showy, this wine is balanced, restrained and layered. It meshes an apple-tart flavor with subtle vanilla and nutmeg nuances whileunderlying acidity achieves excellent balance.
- Aged for 9.5 months in 98% French (18% new) oak barrels for hints of toast, vanilla and cedar aromas.
- Lots are kept separate until the final blend so that our winemakers have the ability to craft a wine that exhibits the perfect blend of flavors and aromas from each region.
- Cool California Coast Sourcing.
- Monterey County grapes develop the floral nuances and structure along with flavors of ripe strawberry, raspberry and black berry.
- Santa Barbara County infuses the wine with dark cherry lushness.
- Grapes are grown in cool coastal vineyards on benchland rolling hillsides and mountain tops resulting in small, densely-flavored grapes which create well-structured wines..