11 Music Festivals You Haven’t Missed … Yet
These days music festivals are all the rage and summer and fall are the perfect reason to get out and experience these fun-filled, outdoor extravaganzas. While some music festivals have already come and gone this summer, there are still some amazing, upcoming performances you haven’t missed … yet. With various venues and genres across the US, this list is sure to have an option for everyone. And don’t even think about packing your bags without these Music Festival Essentials.
- Gulf Coast Jam. August 29-31 – Panama Beach City, FL.Jam out to some country music on the coast this Labor Day Weekend. Gulf Coast Jam is a country music festival in Florida that takes place right on the beach. Sun, sand and Blake Shelton — what more do you need?
- North Coast Music Festival. August 29-31 – Chicago, IL. This Chicago music festival is all about celebrating different types of people as well as music. You’ll see a variety of different genres at this festival — from Bassnectar to Snoop Dogg.
- Bumbershoot. August 30-September 1 – Seattle, WA. You won’t just find good tunes at this music mecca; this music and arts festival also features comedians, independent films and more. If you attend this festival mecca, don’t forget to check out the Indie Market.
- Hopscotch Music Festival. September 4-6 – Raleigh, NC. This music festival incorporates all genres of music. Its aim is to celebrate local talent while still welcoming artists from all over the nation. If you’re near Raleigh in early September this festival is definitely worth a visit.
- Riot Fest. September 6-7, 12-14, 19-21 – Toronto, Chicago, Denver. With three chances to get to this music festival, there’s no excuse to pass up the opportunity to attend this all-encompassing punk rock festival. Entertain yourself not only with great music but carnival rides and faire as well.
- Strawberry Music Festival. September 11-14 – Grass Valley, CA. Quench your thirst for a down-home, small town music festival. This music festival prides itself on celebrating the most important things in life, friends, family, music, art and food. With camping options available, pack up the family and take a trip for a weekend of fun.
- Sunset Strip Music Festival. September 20-21 – Los Angeles, CA. This two-day music festival takes place on LA’s iconic Sunset Strip. This bustling part of the city is transformed into a stage for 70 bands to showcase their talent. Featured artists include Jane’s addiction and Cold War Kids. Don’t miss this unique chance to experience LA in a whole new way!
- Austin City Limits. October 3-5, 10-12 – Austin, Texas. Taking place on Austin’s 46-acre Zilker Park this festival of music, food and fun is an event that can’t be missed. Experience all varieties of music across eight stages in the park. While you’re there, grab a glass of K-J AVANT wine, we’re the proud sponsors of this amazing festival.
- CMJ Marathon. October 21-25 – New York, New York. This isn’t your average music festival. This is a five-day marathon of new music waiting to be discovered. It takes place day and night all over New York in more than 80 nightclubs and theaters. This musical event centers on the discovery of new music, by music industry professionals.
- Coral Skies. October 25-26 – Tampa and West Palm Beach, FL. This two-day indie rock music festival not only has great musical artists but also features a Food Trucktopia, craft beers and great art. For more than just these reasons this music festival makes our list, it is also affordable for those of you not looking to break the bank on music festivals this summer.
- Bridge School Benefit Concert. October 25-26 – Mountain View, CA. Organized by Neil Young, this is a music festival with a cause. All the proceeds of this charity event go to The Bridge School, an organization that aids individuals with severe speech and physical impairments. Don’t miss a chance to kick back and give back at this all-acoustic musical event.