Apricot Honey Glazed Plum Galette
Hey there, it’s Melissa from The Sweet Escape with a delicious and super easy recipe for you. This Apricot Honey Glazed Plum Galette looks so impressive and it only took me about 10 minutes to pull together. But you can wow your guest’s socks off and let them think that you’re a master pastry chef. It’s our secret.
The reason this recipe is so easy is that it has some short cuts. This is one of those recipes where you don’t have to sacrifice quality for convenience so why not take the easy route every once and awhile. The cheat in this dish is using store bought puff pastry and ready made apricot jam. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 package store bought puff pastry, thawed
- 3-4 plums
- Apricot jam
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-2 tbsp. turbinado sugar
- Thaw one package of puff pastry and set oven temp as per directions. They usually come with two 9" squares, you'll just need one. Spread pastry on a piece of parchmont paper and lightly stretch out the edges into a rough circle (or keep the shape square if you like).
- Spread a thin layer of apricot jam on the base, leaving a 2" border around the circle.
- Cut your plums into thin slices and arrange in a circular fan on top of apricot jam.
- Gently brush a layer of egg around the bare edges of circle then fold edges over and lightly press to form crust.
- Brush the top of newly formed crust with egg and sprinkle with turbinado sugar (optional)
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix the honey and 1 tablespoon of apricot jam and microwave until it becomes liquid. Approx 20 sec or more if needed. Then use brush to glaze over the plums.
- Bake as per instructions keeping a close watch.
You’ll end up with a sweet and crispy delight! If you’re serving it for dessert pair with Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay and your guests will never leave. That could be a good thing or not.