Asparagus Goat Cheese Frittata
Hello K-J friends, it’s Jo-Anna from A Pretty Life back to share another delicious recipe with you! I wanted to switch gears this time and share a brunch recipe that would be perfect for Easter weekend, so I made you an Asparagus Goat Cheese Frittata. Frittatas are a wonderful brunch dish because you can add any of your favourite ingredients and cheeses to them, but in keeping with the season I made this a springy dish perfect for Easter.
Simple, fresh ingredients make up this breakfast favourite… asparagus, eggs, goat cheese, ricotta cheese and green onion. Combined, they result in this easy and delicious Asparagus Goat Cheese Frittata.
The lovely thing about this dish is not only is it a great choice for breakfast or brunch, but it’s also really nice for dinner served with a glass of Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay or Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon.
Try this frittata recipe with a fresh fruit salad and my Easter Panettone Bread that I’m sharing over on my blog today…you can see a little peek of this bread in the upper left corner of the photo below the recipe! It’s a perfect pairing!
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 - 2 green onions, sliced
- asparagus (about 1 - 2 cups)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and ricotta cheese until well combined.
- Stir in the crumbled goat cheese and green onions.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture into an 8x8" baking dish, then lay in the asparagus. I broke my asparagus pieces in half and used the top portion for this recipe, but you can add them as you like (whole or broken).
- Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes, or until the centre of the frittata is set.
I hope you try this recipe for brunch and enjoy it as much as we did! Have a delicious day!