Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers with Buffalo Wing Mayo
Hello Kendall-Jackson friends, it’s Jo-Anna from A Pretty Life back to share a delicious summer recipe with you! Summer foods are the best aren’t they? Is there anything better than firing up the grill on a hot summer day? I don’t think so!
One of our most favourite foods to enjoy in the summer are burgers. They are simple to make, and definitely don’t need to be boring, in fact they are a perfect food for getting creative. If you start with a really great burger base recipe, you can add so many delicious toppings, or you can stuff them. Yes, stuff them! Stuffed burgers are so simple to make and take your burger enjoyment to the next level. Trust me, a cheese stuffed burger is amazing!
Today, I wanted to share a recipe for Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers, served with a Buffalo Wing Sauce Mayo, because blue cheese and buffalo wing sauce are a match made in heaven! And with a grilled burger, the flavors are amazing!
Don’t be afraid of making stuffed burgers, as they are not as complicated as you might think. In fact, they’re very easy to make, and I bet once you get started you are going to be imagining all different kinds of flavor combinations! Last weekend we had some fun experimenting with different flavors, and these two delicious stuffed burger combinations were our favorites: this Blue Cheese Stuffed Burger, and we also made a Smoked Gruyere Stuffed Burgers with Balsamic Caramelized Onions which I’m sharing on my blog today too! Head on over for that recipe!
Doesn’t that burger look so good? Cheesy, tangy and very delicious! Fill your burger up with all of your favourite toppings, then smother it in the Buffalo Wing Sauce Mayo and enjoy! These meaty and flavorful burgers are perfect served with the Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon. This wine pairs perfectly with the creamy and tangy blue cheese!
Here’s the recipe, I hope you enjoy it!
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp buffalo wing hot sauce
- 2 lb of lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup oats (or bread crumbs, or crushed crackers)
- 1 tbsp milk
- salt & pepper
- 6 - 8 tbsp blue cheese
- Combine the mayonnaise with the hot sauce until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine the beef, onion, egg, oats, milk and salt & pepper.
- Shape into patties. I usually make mine about 5 inches wide and ¾ inch thick.
- Make an indent in the center of the burger, this is where the blue cheese filling will go.
- Cover the center of the burger and cheese, with the meat from the edges of the burgers. Smooth and shape the burger until the cheese is covered. You may need to add about 1 - 2 tbsp of more meat to cover the cheese.
- These are best left to rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour before BBQing.
- Grill on a medium to high heat grill, taking care not to cook the burgers too fast or the cheese will melt out.
- BBQ until the burger is well done, with no pink inside.
- Serve on a bun with all the fillings and the Buffalo Wing Sauce Mayo.
Have a delicious day!
Credits: Recipe & Photography: Jo-Anna Rooney of A Pretty Life