Chicken with Apples and Chardonnay Recipe
Hey all! Molly from my name is yeh here! I’ve been celebrating the season with bushels of apples because no fall is complete without a visit to an apple orchard, right?! I even threw a little apple picking party to start things off right.
By the end of the party, with more caramel apples in my belly than I’d care to admit, I was ready for something on the savory side, so I whipped up this easy stovetop chicken dish.
It’s super simple and it will make your kitchen smell heavenly. K-J AVANT Chardonnay adds a delicious little zing to mix and don’t worry, there will still be some left to sip on while you eat. Enjoy!
P.S. Come on over and check out more photos from my apple picking party!
- 2 tb butter or oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips or cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ c K-J AVANT Chardonnay
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- Over medium high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of butter or oil in a skillet. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook until lightly browned and no longer pink inside. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter or oil to the skillet and cook the onions until soft and translucent, 5-7 minutes. Add paprika, cinnamon, salt, and pepper, and cook for 1 more minute. Pour in the Chardonnay and add the apples. Stir the mixture to coat the apples evenly and spread them out in the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until the apples reach desired consistency.
- Fold back in the chicken and heat for 1-2 more minutes, until heated through.
For more food and wine pairing tips, visit the Entertaining section of our website.