Flank Steak with Blue Cheese Butter
Hello! Lauren Kelp here from LaurenKelp.com to share with you the perfect way to impress the meat lovers in your life. While I myself am not a red meat eater, I can definitely get behind a perfectly prepared steak. There is something artistic about a masterfully grilled protein especially when you pair it with the blue cheese butter and top it off with a glass (or two) of Kendall-Jackson Grand Reserve Merlot!
Just like with any protein, it’s all in the prep and the presentation! That is why we break down how to perfectly prepare a delicious skirt steak and how to masterfully plate it with our blue cheese butter and garnish on top. This divine pairing brings out the rich flavors of the steak by letting the bite of the blue cheese butter melt in and mélange the flavors perfectly! Do what we did and make an extra-large batch and store it in the fridge – we promise it won’t go to waste!
- 1 1/4 lbs beef flank steak
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsalmic vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- cracked black pepper and salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary chopped
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Bring steak to room temperate about an hour prior to grilling.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and garlic until combine.
- Marinate steak in the mixture for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Remove steak and discard marinade.
- Sprinkle meat generously with cracked black pepper & salt.
- Move steak to the heat, and grill both sides.
- For medium rare, grill the steak for about three minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and allow steak to cool slightly.
- Cut steak into thin strips and top with a touch more cracked black pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine softened butter and blue cheese crumbles using a fork or or hand mixer on low.
- Add chopped rosemary, salt, and pepper and mix until until combined.
- Add a small spoonful to the top of each steak and garnish with a small sprig of fresh rosemary.
Top off your perfectly crafted flank steak and blue cheese butter dish with a glass of the Grand Reserve Merlot for the most divine meal you’ve had in a while. This is perfect for a date night, a special evening with friends, or for celebrating a good week. No matter why you try it, it’s a must and an absolute fan favorite!
Plus, it’s the start of grilling season, so cheers to that!
Photography by Constance Higley