Impromtu Backyard BBQ
- Your friends are just a click away – send them a text, a Facebook message, a tweet, an Instagram invite or an email – so invite them over for a BBQ this weekend! You can even use the phone functionality on your…phone.
- Break out the music! Your BBQ definitely needs some fun music to spice things up.
- Create an easy centerpiece – with produce! Fill a wooden bowl or cool platter with lemons & limes or tomatoes & mangoes. Let the produce inspire your color palette and everything will fall into place.
- If you don’t have much food on hand, make your BBQ a potluck. Ask your friends to bring simple sides & desserts.
- All your BBQ needs, besides your friends of course, is meat & veggies to throw on the grill and some K-J wine. Provide the chicken, steak, burgers, hot dogs, veggies and your friends will fill in the blanks.
- Is your white K-J wine room temp? Add the wine to a large bucket with ice and add water. This will chill the wine down quickly. Chill whites for 20 minutes.
- If your reds are too warm from sitting inside the house, you can get them to the right temperature (around 55 degrees F) but putting them in the ice bucket for 5 minutes. Don’t leave them in too long!
- Stay green. Use your everyday plates & silverware instead of paper plates & plasticware. Recycle cans & bottles. Make iced tea, lemonade and water with lemon & cucumbers in large batches and put in pitchers to cut down on plastic bottles.
- Quick Pairings: K-J Vintner’s Reserve Sauvignon Blanc with white fish or oysters; K-J AVANT Chardonnay with grilled chicken or white fish; K-J Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay with Caesar salad, marinated grilled chicken and salmon; K-J Vintner’s Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon with tri tip; K-J Vintner’s Reserve Merlot with portobello mushrooms and hamburgers