Mango Pinot Gris Sorbet
Just four ingredients and an ice cream maker will have friends and neighbors lining up for a heat-busting sweet (and boozy) treat when the temperature hits triple digits. We love pairing mango with the dry, piquant Kendall-Jackson Pinot Gris because it lends a balancing note to the musky, sweet flavor of the fruit. But really… what fruit sorbet wouldn’t benefit from the help of a little Pinot Gris?
- 4 cups fresh or frozen mango
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Kendall Jackson Pinot Gris
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Prepare fresh mango, or allow frozen mango to come to defrost for 30 minutes on the counter before blending. Combine sugar, wine, mango, and lemon juice in the basin of a high-powered blender or food processor. Blend until you reach the consistency of a thick puree.
- Plug-in your preferred ice cream maker and retrieve the frozen basin from the freezer. Turn on the machine and add the puree. Allow to churn for 30-40 minutes. Sorbet will be thick, but not completely frozen.
- Pour into a storage vessel and freeze for an additional 3+ hours to harden before serving.
For more food and wine pairing tips, visit the Entertaining section of our website.