Rustic Potato Tart
The showstopper of the evening, Rustic Potato Tart, but really brings that wow factor to the table. Did I mention this tart is delicious?
I literally had to restrain myself while photographing this gem. I wanted to dive right in. This baby is divine, but paired with a glass of Kendall-Jackson Grand Reserve Rosé your girlfriends will think you are a domestic goddess.
- 3 medium potatoes, washed, peeled and thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup grated Oaxaca cheese
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Place thinly sliced potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring water to boil, reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove from heat, strain, spread on a layer of paper towels to cool.
- In a saucepan add 1 tablespoon olive over medium high heat; add red onions, salt, pepper and oregano and sauté until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Open puff pastry sheet and remove from paper.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out pastry sheet to a 9 inch circle.
- Gently drape the dough over the rolling pin and place on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the grated Oaxaca cheese in center of dough, leaving a 1 inch border and arrange potato slices over cheese.
- Brush potato slices with olive oil, top with cooked red onions and begin folding edges of dough.
- Lightly brush edges with olive oil, place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Garnish with parsley, slice and serve warm.
Find more recipe inspiration from Vianney’s Ladies Night In with Kendall-Jackson blog post.