Shaved Salad with Guajillo-Lime Vinaigrette
Hola! Vianney from sweetlifebake.com here to share with you a fall inspired shaved salad, Enjoy!
Fall is here! Living in South Texas this means a break from the grueling summer temperatures, which makes us Texans happy, really happy. Fall also makes me crave slow cooked meals, oven baked goodies and comforting dinners brimming with fall flavors. This shave salad paired with K-J AVANT sauvignon Blanc would be a welcome addition to your fall table and can be made in less than fifteen minutes. Thinly sliced vegetables provide a light touch to the salad while the vinaigrette wraps the complete dish in blanket of warmth with guajillo chiles.
Tip: Reduce your prep time by assembling the vinaigrette over the weekend, store in fridge until ready to serve
Guajillo chiles are a favorite among Mexican cooks – smokey with a tangy bite, guajillos are an ingredient you need to try. I keep my guajillo chiles stored in a large resealable plastic bag in the freezer and use them to flavor my stews, salsa, pozole and to make this vinaigrette. Try this vinaigrette tossed with quinoa and a mix of steamed vegetables for a tasty lunch or serve drizzled over salmon.
Tool Tip: A mandoline makes slicing the vegetables a flash, a few careful swipes across the sharp blade and your all set.
- Ingredients for Salad:
- 2 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh spinach, julienned (sliced into thin strips)
- Grated parmesan
- Ingredients for Vinaigrette:
- 2 dried guajillo chiles, stem removed and seeded
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Place guajillo chiles in a small saucepan with two cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and cool completely. Place rehydrated chiles, garlic, olive oil, sherry vinegar and honey into a blend. Blend until smooth, season with salt and pepper. With a sharp knife thinly slice zucchini, squash and mushrooms and place in a bowl along with spinach. Drizzle with half the vinaigrette and toss. Serve garnished with parmesan and additional vinaigrette.