The Elevated S’More
Hi friends! It’s Erin from Design for Mankind sharing a simple (and sweet!) warm weather idea with you!
Campfire treats are one of my favorite summer indulgences, but the same old s’mores combination can get a bit tiresome, yes? We recently jazzed up the traditional recipe with a fresh and savory alternative from the garden – perfect for breakfast, lunch or a late-night snack! It’s surprisingly healthy (save the marshmallows) and is the perfect summer ready treat to kick off an inspired season. We recommend preparing them for a simplified date night around a backyard fire pit. Enjoy!:
- Belgian waffle mix (or, for a healthier version, mix 1 banana and 1 egg with a dash of cinnamon!)
- Fresh Basil
- Maple Syrup (optional)
- Mix the waffle batter as your waffle iron warms. Don't have a waffle iron? A pancake version on a skillet is just as tasty!
- Drizzle the batter onto your iron, and as the waffles begin to brown, roast those marshmallows! Burnt, crisp or barely done - your call. S'Mores are for experimentation!
- Cut the fresh strawberries and chop a few leaves of fresh basil. Mix together in a bowl and set aside while the waffles and marshmallows are toasted to perfection.
- Quarter the waffles and build your S'More, then drizzle with maple syrup to taste. Don't forget your fork - and napkin! The messier, the better.
- Pair with a rich glass of Kendall-Jackson's AVANT Red Blend for a dinnertime dessert that redefines summer treats. Happy indulging, friends!
Share recipe on Pinterest
Erin Loechner, Writer & Stylist
Design for Mankind // A New-Fashioned Lifestyle