Fun Twists On Your Favorite Eats
Everyone loves the classics, including us. You can’t go wrong with a comforting grilled cheese or a chip full of guacamole, but who says you can’t spice it up? Sometimes your favorite snacks just need a little makeover to elevate them from classic to extraordinary. We’ve come up with some fun twists on these classic eats so you’ll be prepared next time that snack craving hits.
- Fruit Salad: Fruit salad is a classic staple; spice it up by adding fresh herbs, such as basil or mint. Take it a step further by adding some savory cheese, such as feta!
- Caprese Salad: Give your Caprese salad a makeover by replacing mozzarella with Burrata cheese. This delicious Italian cream stuffed cheese will have everybody asking for more.
- Prosciutto and Melon: No one could ever separate this classic combo. Try throwing it on the grill to enhance the flavors.
- Hummus: Hummus is a delicious dip for your favorite vegetables; mix it up by adding some unique flavors. Try roasted red peppers, grilled eggplant, avocado or even beets!
- Bruschetta: No one can deny fresh bruschetta, liven up this classic appetizer with some sweet fruit, such as peaches! You could even transform it into a dessert by completely replacing tomatoes with fruit.
- Guacamole: Guacamole is the ultimate party dip and with so many ways to flavor it, you can’t help but get creative! Check out this Thai-inspired Guacamole.
- Potato Salad: Potato Salad is a usual suspect at any gathering. Try adding apple chunks and carrots to give it an interesting flavor, much like a Korean Potato Salad.
- Grilled Cheese: Simple, easy and always delicious. Try upping the ante by adding gourmet cheese and creative toppings on a rustic loaf of bread.
- Potato Chips: It’s hard to keep your hand out of that potato chip bowl, especially at summer gatherings. Take a healthier approach by making kale, beet or zucchini chips. The veggie chip options are endless!
- Watermelon, Feta and Mint Salad: This classic salad combination is a summer hit. Give it a Mexican flair by replacing the feta with Cotija cheese
For food and wine pairing tips, visit the Entertaining section of our website.