Baked Asparagus and Prosciutto Cobb Salad
Node Shortcode: [[nid:11342]]
Recipe type: Salad
- 2 handfuls large asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce
- 1-2 avocados, sliced
- 3-4 eggs, hard-boiled
- 4-5oz thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1-cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3-cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt + 1 tsp for seasoning
- 1 tsp ground black pepper + 1 tbsp for seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
Pair with Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Rosé.
- Hard-boil the eggs; let cool and then peel and slice into quarters.
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Trim the ends of the asparagus and wrap half in prosciutto. Place on the tray. The other half of the asparagus, drizzle with olive oil and season with 1 tsp. of sea salt and 1 tsp. of black pepper. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In a small glass bowl, combine the extra virgin olive oil, sunflower oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, sea salt, black pepper and lemon juice. Whisk to combine and set aside. This will be your dressing.
- On a large platter, arrange the romaine lettuce (trim off the base) on the bottom and top with asparagus, sliced avocado, hard-boiled egg, cherry tomato halves and additional slices of prosciutto. Season with fresh ground black pepper and add crumbled goat cheese.
- Drizzle lightly with dressing or provide guests with the option to add it themselves.
- Serve with a bottle of Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Rosé.