Caprese Pasta Salad
Node Shortcode: [[nid:92]]
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 pound penne
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 – 4 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Sea salt, to taste
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil, add a liberal dose of salt to the water & cook penne according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet on medium. Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until it begins to turn pale golden. Add cherry tomatoes and continue stirring and cooking for 2 – 3 minutes. Stir gently as not to bruise the tomatoes
- Add arugula to the skillet and cook for 30 seconds, add in add pasta, mozzarella, and basil pesto. Toss everything together until pasta is warmed through and everything is lightly coated in pesto. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt & drizzle with a little EVVO.
- Pour some Kendall-Jackson AVANT Chardonnay